Friday, February 25, 2011

The 101 Project: {Updated}

Some of you may remember when I posted my 101 Project last year. You can find the original post here. Completed goals in italics. Many things have changed since then so I feel it's appropriate to look over the list and update anything that isn't applicable anymore. Am I wrong by doing this, you ask? In my mind, no. People change, goals change. Let's take a look at my new goals:

Travel/Events in Other Places

1. Visit the Hoh Rainforest in Washington
2. Go to Provincetown {Completed 08/10/09}
3. Go to Thunder Over Louisville {Planning this April}
4. Rolex 3-Dy Event in Lexington, KY {I know I won't make it this year but I still want to go so it's staying on the list}
5. Plan a trip to Mt. Rainier {Doesn't necessarily have to be The Wonderland Trail but I'd like to go nonetheless}
6. Visit Canada {This may be happening soon than I planned - but more on that later}
7. Go to Times Square for New Years Eve {Maybe it will happen this year}
8. Visit Papa {Possibly this fall, once it cools off in Texas!}
9. Infield at the Kentucky Derby {Perhaps next year. Once again, it's staying on the list}
10. Take Mom to Bermuda
11. Go on another cruise
12. Do an overnight at Waverly Hills Sanatorium {Unfortunately the 2-hr visit last summer didn't count}
13. Visit one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants {When I do Times Square, of course!}

Fitness

14. Drop 20 pounds, and keep them off for the remainder of the project {This is essentially, a work in progress}
15. Run, ok maybe walk a 5k
16. Master all Yoga positions {I've got quite a few of them down!}
17. Take a yoga class
18. Take a Zumba class!

Health/R&R

19. Take vitamins every day {I found some gummy ones and I've also been taking a Viactive chew - the chocolate ones}
20. Get a hot stone massage {Wish this was happening today!}

Career/Finances/Independence

21. Get my bath & body business off and running {Self-supportive}
22. Clean any debts {I'll be paying off my student loans for awhile but I've managed to clear 6 other debts within 3 months - Go me!}
23. Add to my IRA {Since the economy is getting (a little) better I have seen my IRA rebound quite a bit. I'm ok with where it's going so I feel I don't need to add as much as I had originally planned}
24. Set up another 401k {Once again, this may change in the very near future}
25. Own a home {Yep, I'm keeping this one up on the list}

Gaining knowledge/Intellectual pursuits

26. Learn a foreign language
27. Sign up for a ballroom/salsa lesson {If only there were ones nearby}
28. Get CPR certified {Why shouldn't you know how to save a life?}
29. Learn how to knit {I taught myself the basics but would love to learn more}
30. Read 101 books {See previous post}
31. Learn how to play chess {And not suck at it}

Creativity

32. Open up another Etsy shop {Completed 01/20/10}
33. Get familiar and comfortable with Shrinky Dinks}
34. Complete the 30 Days of Lists prompts
35. Learn how to sew... properly
36. Finish an afghan
37. Make a quilt.
38. Complete the Owl Doorstop pattern from Tiddliwink Toys
39. Go to a glass blowing class {Once again, if there was one nearby}
40. Create a recipe for a solid sugar scrub

Relationships/Family

41. Document family tree back to Italy {Still working on this one}
42. Complete Family Tree Maker & update online {1,348 people, 451 marriages, 8 generations, 385 surnames... and counting}
43. Document Gill lineage {Still working on this one via Ancestry.com}
44. Grave hunting {Heading out tomorrow to document 6 cemeteries in Henry Co., TN}

Food

45. Make a one-month meal plan {This is kinda hard now that I work 3rd shift, but I'm keeping it up here}
46. Go to 30 new restaurants and Yelp each one {I've been to a few, just haven't added them to Yelp yet}
47. Bake something at least twice a month {Not really helping the 'lose 20 pounds thing}
48. Cook one new recipe every month {Will post these later on, recipes included}
49. Drink nothing but water for a whole week {I could do this easily if it wasn't for my tea addiction}
50. Try every flavor of Stash & Tazo tea {Stash 5/200+; Tazo 3/?}
51. Make homemade ice cream
52. Make Nana's fresh fruit jam
53. Update recipe book {I've been adding recipes sporadically}
54. Eat more fish. {I did have Cod when I went home this month. I guess that counts for something}
55. Find a variety of sushi that I like.

Fun

56. Participate in Gimme Your Stuff {Completed 11/2009}
57. Go camping {This summer perhaps}
58. Watch 101 movies {See post below}
59. Go to the opening night of the rest of the Harry Potter & Twilight movies {I dragged mom to see HP:DH part 1 so that leaves 0/3 left}
60. Start a garden {Prepped ground last weekend{
61. Get more ink! {Completed 02/16/11}
62. Visit IKEA {Completed 03/16/2010}
63. Set up other Nano to be used as a frag tank {Emptied tank last weekend, waiting for sand to dry}
64. Sell frags
65. Fishing with mom {This summer!}
66. Send a secret to PostSecret
67. Have a snail mail pen pal {It's been a while, but the lovely Ria has helped me with this goal}
68. Go to a planetarium
69. Go horseback riding.
70. Go on a whale watch {Completed 08/10/2009}
71. Fly first class {I've tried many, many times. Apparently, it's the first thing to book up}
72. Go snorkeling {On my cruise of course}
73. Take mom to a Michael Buble concert {Once he gets his butt over here!}

Social

74. Throw a holiday party
75. Host a bonfire
76. Write ten snail mail letters {4/10}

Community

77. Donate blood twice a year {Gotta wait since I just got fresh ink}
78. Design an item to sell on Etsy. All proceeds to go to an organization in need {Super excited to be doing this. Details coming soon!!!}
79. Volunteer for an organization or at an event
80. Vote!
81. Plant 3 trees

Organize

82. More photos into albums.
83. Have a yard sale {Completed 4/10-11/2010}
84. Update iTunes {All names, titles, artwork, etc. filled in}
85. Organize beads/jewelry
86. Get rid of 101 material things {Completed - 200+}

Indulge

87. Cricut {Completed 05/2010}
88. iPod Touch {Completed 05/10/2009}
89. Bella Bag {Completed 09/24/2009}
90. Necklace from BirthDesigns
91. Mittens
92. Get my hands down with henna {by a professional}
93. Project Life {Completed 01/2011}
94. wii
96. Sewing machine

General

97. Blog about each of my 101 tasks at least once {Completed 03/21/2010}
98. Complete the 365 Project {Started and stopped this year, keeping this up}
99. Blog every day {260/360}
100. Don't take life too seriously!

And finally...

101. On day 1001, publish a new 101 Things in 1001 Days list that includes new goals and everything else that didn't get completed on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...