Saturday, December 18, 2010

Custom Ceramic Tile Coasters

First and foremost, I apologize for this photo. I took it with my phone. It's 02:30 and since there is no sun out, it'll have to do. (I'll take some better ones tomorrow.) The colors are super vivid and pop out at you.

I've been trying to think of something inexpensive to make the girls at work for Christmas. This is only one item that will be going into the gift bags I will be making.

Super, super easy. I went to Lowes the other day and purchased some 4.25" white ceramic tiles. I was looking for unglazed ones but couldn't find any. Tonight I cut 4" square pieces of cardstock and paper and Mod Podged them onto each tile. I used a very thin layer since I didn't want the paper to warp. I then glued down some letters that I had from one of my scrap pads. So far I added 2 additional coats of Mod Podge on top but tomorrow I'll probably add another 2-3 layers. Once that is all dry I'll paint a thin coat of resin all over the top to seal it.

These would work great for any type of gift (holidays, birthdays, etc.) I have a habit of keeping my movie ticket stubs so I think I'll end up making a set with those.

Happy crafting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...