Sunday, January 20, 2013

PL: Week One (Finally)

Week 4 starts tomorrow and I just finished up week 1 last night. I know, I know. But that's further than I got last time I attempted PL. So, yay! I'm almost done with week 2 and have barely made a dent on week 3. I've been fighting some sort of plague-like thing and haven't felt much like crafting. I hope to tackle all of week 2 and at least half of 3 today.


Both Chris and I woke up sick on New Year's Eve so we had to reschedule our NYE and Nashville plans. Bummer, fo' reals. My upgrade finally rolled around and I got my belated Christmas gift, the iPhone 5. I love it! But I think I was really more excited to have a phone where the screen wasn't cracked.


I currently don't have Photoshop so I've been editing and creating in Paint. Not the greatest but it works for now. I stuck in the list of recipes for the 2013 Pinterest Foodie Challenge, which I'll be blogging about later this week. I also gathered up some mail, cropped it down to size and adhered it to a 4x6 piece of card stock. The quote came from Pinterest and you can find my PL board here and Typography board here. I will be using a lot of quotes this year and it's nice to have them all in one place to pull from. 


The J came from Martha Stewart's chipboard alphabet. I (very quickly) added the glitter to it last night and was unhappy when it all came off once I stuck it in the plastic. So, since I'm a little ADD about these things, it's currently being reglittered. Yes, that's a word. You might also have noticed I'm using a LOT of washi tape. I just can't help myself. The yellow chevron paper and leaf paper came from the Amy Tangerine 6x6 paper pad from American Crafts. I cut the hot pink 'ONE' from Bazzill paper using my Don Juan cartridge.  The black 'WEEK' letters are from Thickers 'Subway' alphabet.


I added my cough drop and Sudafed packaging and added some washi, journaling and foam stars. The 'Goals' card was created in word and printed on patterned paper (Recollections Bright & Basic). I added the 'Dream Big' brad which came from Studio G. I snuck in the bag from my cinnamon twists from Taco Bell and also printed two screen shots from my iPhone; my current book (Gone Girl - totally twisted but a good read) and tunes (Been listening to a lot of Ellie Goulding lately)


Anyone else obsessed with Downton as much as I am? So glad they're back on! The green kitty paperclip is super old and came from Michael's $1 bin. 


I printed out the first 7 days for the 365 project. I think from here on out instead of printing them weekly, I'll just make a grid at the end of the month and add that in it's own sheet protector. I tend to use some of those photos during that week for PL and I don't want them repeating themselves during that week. 

So, that's it for now.

If anyone has any questions about products/construction, just drop me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...