Saturday, October 9, 2010

The December Daily: The Goods

I stopped by Michaels and Hobby Lobby to look for things to add to my December Daily album. And of course, I came out with way more than I intended to buy. I think that usually is the case with stores like these two however. I knew I needed something to use for either foundation or accent pages and I wanted to pick up some embellishments as well.

I toyed around with album vs. something spiral bound. We don't have very many places around here that will bind things so my options were pretty limited. I couldn't find a spiral bound album anywhere. Anywhere! I knew ahead of time that I didn't want a very large end product. A 6" by 8" perhaps. While I was walking towards the front to check out I ran over to the $1 bins to see what they had. Score! A perfect little spiral bound journal that I would be able to take apart and use for my base. (I'm rather good at re-purposing if I do say so myself!) :) You can see it in the photo below.

I also snagged some stickers, a fabric covered dove and some reindeer head cut-outs from the $1 bin as well. I found a lovely holiday vintage-esque paper stack at Hobby Lobby and some clear velum frames that I can't wait to use.

I'm still playing around with ideas for foundation pages. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...