Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm a Loser

A loser in a good way! I signed up for Weight Watchers yesterday in my quest to lose some weight. I'm doing the online program because with my ever-changing schedule, I just don't have the time to go to the meetings. I LOVE the way the program is set up online. You type in your height and weight and it determines a set number of points you can have per day. Currently, mine is 23. It doesn't seem like a lot but there is a silver lining. Each week you also have a set number of extra points that you can use for splurging on a dessert, drink or going out to eat. After you exercise you can log the activity and get points added which you can swap out each week. Not too shabby.

I ran to Wal-mart this morning and bought a blender since I'm the only person in the world that still doesn't own one. There was a smoothie recipe that I saw and wanted to try. Here's the recipe:

Strawberry-Banana Smoothie

1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1/2 cup apple juice
1 banana
4 strawberries
ice

Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.

I made it when I got home. It was actually really good. And you could even swap out the fruit for another. I have a really tall pilsner glass and it filled it completely. I think next time I might half the recipe. The best part, this smoothie is 5 points!

Anyone else have any good WW recipes they'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...