Thursday, April 29, 2010

Quick & Easy Hashbrown Casserole

Thursday night we got home from work and couldn't decide on what to make for dinner. We ended up with hashbrown casserole and burgers for Mom & Bill and a veggie burger for me. Anyways, here's the recipe for the casserole.

One small block of Velveeta (or any other type of cheese that melts well)
Frozen hashbrowns
One small onion

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Oh yeah, and some milk.

Cube up the Velveeta and place in a pan on the stove. Add some milk and cook on low to medium, stirring every few minutes. You don't want the milk to scorch or the cheese to burn. Yuck!

Eventually, it will look like this.

Empty the hashbrowns into an oven safe crock.

Pour the melted cheese over the hasbrowns and mix until combined.

The onion is optional. I know a lot of people don't like them. I'm not crazy about them either but they really make this dish.

Bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes. Just keep an eye on it. I accidentally spilled some cheese on the rim and the lid ended up getting stuck to the crock while it was baking. I had to get a knife and pry it off. Add salt and/or pepper to taste. And be careful! The cheese will be hot hot hot!

I ordered these little gems and they came in today. I can't wait to start using them.

My little veggie burger looks so lonely. I added some (ok, a LOT) of the creole seasoning before slapping it on the grill. It smelled so good.

I'm a bit of a burger snob. Ketchup, mustard, mayo, lettuce and two slices of cheese. And I like my bun toasted. I call my burgers doubler fisters because you usually need two hands to eat them.

You can't see it cause my hand and the burger is in the way but there's a huge smear of ketchup and mustard on the other side of the plate. Everything was oh so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...