Monday, August 16, 2010

Memory Lane: 1980's TV Shows

Ah, the 80's. Do I really need to say more? Over the weekend I was going through some old photos and got a bit nostalgic so, here we are. I thought I'd do a little Memory Lane series for all you late 70's - early 80's babies.

Punky Brewster - It's funny how this mismatched multicolored look has come back.

Scooby-Doo (Pre Scrappy-Doo) - Yes, I still watch it.

Solid Gold - Had you asked me when I was little what I wanted to be when I grew up, my first choice would have been a Solid Gold dancer. Runner up was a dolphin trainer.

The Love Boat - Sadly the only thing I remember from this show is the theme song. The loooooooove boooooat...

Thundercats - Saturday mornings I was glued to the tv. This show is why. Yeah, Lion-O is hot.

Mr. Belvedere - I secretly wanted him to be our butler.

MacGyver - Thanks to this show I know how to stop a bomb with a hockey ticket.

Knight Rider - I LOVED this show when I was little. Before Hasselhoff got all drunk and started getting taped by his daughter eating cheeseburgers and ranting like a lunatic.

JEM (And the Holograms) - Another show I totally loved. I think I even had a cassette tape with their music.

Gumby - Yes, I still watch this as well. There was an R-rated gumby spoof on YouTube a while ago that was hysterical but it's a little too R-rated for me to post here. (Bad language voice-over)

Growning Pains - Didn't we all have a crush on Kirk Cameron?

Fraggle Rock - I remember watching this on HBO before school.

Fame - Another show that made me want to dance by butt off. And the remake that they did last year is pretty amazing too!

CHPS - I love me some Eric Estrada!

The Jetsons - I actually found out this debuted in the 1960's! Who knew? I wonder if they have this on DVD... Hmmm...

Hope you enjoyed the little trip down memory lane!
Up next - Memory Lane: 1980's Fads

1 comment:

  1. Like "The Jetsons" (which *is* available on DVD), "Scooby-Doo" pre-dates the 80s. Fun fact/slightly embarrassing confession: I was totally smitten with Sandy Duncan as a kid, in part from her animated appearances as herself on "Scooby-Doo." I think that infatuation explains why I'm so drawn to Samantha Brown today.

    I'd add:

    Animated
    "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe"
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power"
    "G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero"
    "The Transformers"
    "Muppet Babies"

    Live-Action
    "Dallas"
    "Cheers"
    "The Dukes of Hazzard"
    "Magnum, P.I."
    "The Golden Girls"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...