Monday, March 7, 2011

Focus On... Moon Flower Creations

This week's featured Etsy artist is Salina from Moon Flower Creations. I purchased a gorgeous felted bowl from her last month. The first thing I do when I get home from work in the mornings is take off all of my jewelry and put it in the bowl. It's the perfect size and I don't have to worry about it scratching my rings and earrings up :)

You can also find Salina at her other Etsy shops:



Tell us a little about yourself:
I am a homemakin' mother of 4. I love saying that.:)
I have been pretty crafty and artistic for almost as long as I can remember. I do remember really getting into drawing and making things when I was about 9 years old. I think that I realized then, that when I was creating, I was truly happy. I feel the same now. If I couldn't express myself though my art I would be totally and utterly depressed.

How does your craft stand out from the rest?
Well, my books seem pretty unique maybe? My felted bowls are cool, but I guess I don't really feel that my things stand out all that much from anybody else who makes similar things. I am pretty pleased with what i do though.:)

How do you promote your business?
{Blog: Moon Flower}
I joined some Etsy teams and participate in the discussions, and that's about it.:)

Sum up your craft in 5 words or less:
earthy, upcycled, simple and beautiful

What is your favorite Etsy shop?
There is way too many that I like to say that but I will say that my favorite type of Etsy shop is the ones that have things made from things found from nature, kraft paper, recycled and handmade paper, linen material, burlap and jute twine, felt, glitter, vintage, french style, cottage style, earthy style, and so much more!:)

Any advice to other crafters?
For the one's just getting started or who feel like their stuff isn't selling fast enough, just keep trying to figure out ways to get noticed like joining teams and their discussions, twitter, learn better picture taking techniques, because having great pictures for your listings is so important. Don't give up on what you love to do. Keep tweeking whatever needs tweeking and through perseverence, success will come. At least that is what I like to think.;)
Head over and check out the rest of Salina's awesome creations!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...